Webinar: Compliance and The Forgotten Endpoint
Zimperium, the global leader in enterprise mobile security, will host a webinar titled, “Compliance and Mobile Devices: The Forgotten Endpoint.”
Organizations in practically every industry, including financial services, retail, healthcare and more, are required to meet cybersecurity compliance requirements set by federal and state regulators. Penalties for non-compliance include massive fines in some cases, including:
- According to new rules from the British Government, UK transport, water, energy and health businesses could be fined as much as £17 million ($23.9 million) “if they don’t have the ‘most robust’ safeguards in place to guard against cyber-attacks,” as reported by CNBC.
- Organizations in breach of GDPR can be fined up to four percent of annual global turnover or €20 million, whichever is greater.
- Non-compliance with PCI could result in consequences of $5,000 to $500,000, with banks and credit card institutions increasing fines the longer the organization stays non-compliant.
- Penalties for HIPAA violations can range from $100 to $50,000 per violation (or per record), with a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per year for each violation.
Now, more than ever, mobile devices are becoming the target of choice for hackers and cybercriminals. Most mobile devices have access to the same corporate information that is accessible by other endpoints such as desktops and laptops. Yet mobile devices are the forgotten endpoint when it comes to compliance. The regulations still apply but many organizations are at risk as a result of inadequate or absent mobile security. During this webinar, JT Keating, Zimperium’s vice president of product strategy, will cover the following topics:
- The mobile attack surface and current mobile threats facing the enterprise
- How to ensure mobile device data is protected appropriately while meeting regulatory requirements
- The role the Zimperium Platform plays in enabling organizations to meet the mobile mandates of GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, NDB, NERC and more
“As the number of cyber attacks targeting mobile devices continues to grow, early detection and effective response planning is critical,” Keating said. “At the same time, many organizations in highly-regulated industries are in need of mobile threat defense that not only protects sensitive information, but meets strict compliance requirements. Zimperium’s mobile security platform minimizes compliance risk while ensuring data remains private and secure.”
Details about the webinar are included below.
Who: JT Keating, vice president of product strategy, Zimperium
What: “Compliance and Mobile Devices: The Forgotten Endpoint” Webinar
Where: Watch Now
The post Webinar: Compliance and The Forgotten Endpoint appeared first on Zimperium Mobile Security Blog.