GDPR sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). Given the widespread adoption of mobile devices and applications, including those provided to consumers containing or processing personally identifiable information (PII), it is vital that organization’s mobile devices are GDPR compliant – just as your personal computers and servers are. Fines under GDPR range up to €20 million, or 4% of the worldwide annual revenue of the prior financial year, whichever is higher.
Zimperium, a global leader in enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) and a leading provider of real-time, on-device protection against known and unknown mobile threats, hosted a free webinar on May 22, 2019, focusing on how to immediately meet the mobile mandates of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the Zimperium Platform. Watch the on-demand webinar recording.
GDPR Compliance for Mobile Devices
JT Keating, Vice President of Product Strategy, led the webinar titled “GDPR Compliance for Mobile Devices – The 60% of Endpoints Often Unprotected.” In addition, Keating provided actionable insights into the specific mobile compliance requirements and information on how and why:
- Mobile devices are endpoints under GDPR;
- You must protect the 60% of your organization’s endpoints (mobile) and the already protected 40% (personal computers and servers);
- You need on-device, rather than cloud-based, protection to protect mobile devices;
- Only machine learning-based technology can keep up with evolving threats; and
- You must protect mobile devices against Device, Network, Application and Phishing attacks.
For companies in highly-regulated industries, protecting mobile devices isn’t only a good business practice, it’s legally required. But just checking the compliance box isn’t enough. Attacks are evolving so fast that compliance laws can’t keep up. Organizations need mobile security that can protect non-public information today and in the future.